We have something special treat just for you! We have a beautiful rack of lamb, and we will tell you exactly how to cook it to perfection!
- 1 rack of lamb (typically 8 to 9 ribs)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Remove the rack of lamb from the refrigerator and place on a sheet pan. Season both sides of the lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic cloves and lemon zest and pulse until finely chopped. This can be done by hand by finely chopping the garlic and herbs, then stirring into the oil in a small bowl if you do not have a food processor.
- Rub the marinade over the seasoned lamb and allow to sit at room temperature for 5-6 hours or refrigerate overnight
- If using a Weber, set your grill up for offset cooking. You can do a reverse sear on a Traeger as well. Starting on the back of the rack, sear the rack directly over the coals for 5-10 minutes until it has a lite char.
- Flip the rack and sear the top side 5-10 minutes until it too has a lite char. Watch out for frameups from the oil.
- Move the rack to the offset side and cook 15-20 minutes until 125-130 degrees or to desired doneness
- Transfer the roasted rack of lamb to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes so the juices can redistribute before slicing into individual chops for serving. Use a sharp knife to slice between the bones, then serve immediately.